What is Golfers Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)?
Golfers elbow is a common cause of pain on the inside of the elbow. It is aggravated by prolonged gripping activities which result in inflammation around the insertion of the muscle tendons in this area of the elbow.
Common activities that can cause this injury:
Common Signs & Symptoms
Common signs and symptoms of this injury:
- Pain on the inside of the elbow
- Pain with gripping activities
- Pain on touching the inside of the elbow
- A weak grip
What should be done following this injury:
- Consult your GP or physiotherapist
- Use ice or a reusable cold pack to reduce pain and swelling (the recommended time is 10 minutes on with 1 hour off). Never apply ice directly to the skin.
- Use a support to help support the elbow.
View our range of Arm Supports
* Disclaimer *
The content on this website is provided for general information and reference purposes only and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. All exercises and information featured on this web site should only be reviewed/practised under the supervision of a qualified healthcare professional. Products suggestions linked to injuries may be provided on the site but you must always refer to the product page for full product details and always consult a physician before use as the indications outlined may not always be relevant to your particular injury/condition.